Most business leaders are savvy enough to realize they need to be concerned about payment fraud, but not everyone realizes they can also experience losses if they don’t have the proper controls around all aspects of their AP function. Duplicate and erroneous payments, audit issues, and lost vendor credits all have a lethal impact on the bottom line. Control problems can creep in at almost any point in the process. They can impact the procure-to-pay cycle at almost any point througout the transactions. In this webinar, Mary Schaeffer, will show you how to take advantage of instilling controls across the entire accounts payable spectrum.
- Identify A/P controls that no longer work.
- Learn how to ensure your segregation of duties regime does not fail.
- Learn how to create the “building blocks” of a strong internal control master plan.
- Learn how to evaluate your own processes to identify weak controls that need tightening.
- Identify best control practices for the entire procure-to-pay process.
- A basic knowledge of the accounts payable processes.
Who Should Attend
*Accounting and finance professionals who work with the accounts payable function.
*Managers, executives, and business owners who want to implement better controls over the A/P function and reduce losses throughout the A/P processes.
Mary S. Schaeffer is the founder of AP Now, a B2B learning and information company focused on creating business intelligence around the accounts payable and payment functions. She has written 18 business books, created a number of CPE self-study courses, customized training and online training events. Schaeffer is a frequent and popular speaker at both online and live events. Previously she held positions as an Assistant Treasurer for the Equitable Life Assurance Society, a Financial Risk Manager for O&Y and a Corporate Cash Manager for Continental Grain. She has an MBA in Finance from NYU and a BS in Mathematics from York College (CUNY).
- +1 302 836 0540
|Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.|
Date & Time
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
3:00 PM EDT
(see additional timezones)
|Delivery method:||Group Internet Based|
- CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes. For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple attendees: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.