When disaster strikes you should be prepared from both an operational and accounting perspective in order to help facilitate the insurance claim adjustment process. Join Chad Salsbery, Managing Director with Adamy Valuation, as he discusses his insurance claim experience, which includes the development of the largest commercial claim (over $1.0 billion) related to Hurricane Katrina. He will discuss pre-loss insurance and accounting planning, types of insurable loses, and the development of insurance claims. Chad will conclude his presentation with a case study related to his experience developing an insurance claim for a manufacturing facility impacted by Hurricane Harvey in 2017.
- Learn how to develop cost collection structures and operational plans in case of an insurable loss.
- Recognize the types of insurable losses, including, Property Damage, Ordinary Payroll, Extra Expense and Business Interruption.
- Identify issues to think about when recovering from and accounting for an insurable loss.
- Understand the basics of how to develop an insurance claim.
Who Should Attend
Controllers, Risk Managers, CFOs, Chief Accounting Officers, and CPAs leading or working as part of teams who handle the operations of all types of businesses. CPAs in public practice, including auditors, seeking additional insights related to insurance claims.
- Managing Director
- Adamy Valuation
Chad Salsbery is a Managing Director with Adamy Valuation. He has a wealth of experience in providing expert testimony and valuation services. Chad provides clients with valuation services in commercial litigation settings for economic damages, business valuations, and bankruptcy issues. He also has significant experience with insurance, construction, and government contracting cost claims. He serves clients at both the Grand Rapids and Chicago offices.
Chad has over two decades of experience in matters related to economic damages. His background includes work with breach of contract, lost profits, business interruption, and business valuation analyses. Chad’s bankruptcy and financial valuation work includes solvency revi... Read more
- (616) 726-2760
|Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.|
Date & Time
Tuesday, July 30, 2019
1:00 PM EDT
(see additional timezones)
|Subject area:||Specialized Knowledge|
|Delivery method:||Group Internet Based|
- CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes. For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple attendees: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.