Self-Study Course Details
In this course, Melisa Galasso, CPA will cover what's going on at both the FASB and AICPA by reviewing the standards effective for this year. The course will start with a review of the Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) issued by the FASB that will be effective this year including a deep dive into Topic 842, Leases.
Melisa will address those standards that will be effective for both public and private entities in 2022. She will then turn to the audit side of the house with a focus on SAS 142 which is effective this year.
- Recognize changes to financial reporting effective in 2022
- Recall the definition of a lease under Topic 842
- Identify changes to the requirements for audit evidence
- Prior experience with GAAP or GAAS.
Melisa F. Galasso is the founder and CEO of Galasso Learning Solutions LLC. A CPA with over 15 years of experience in the accounting profession, Melisa designs and facilitates courses in advanced technical accounting and auditing topics, including not for profit and governmental accounting.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.