Self-Study Course Details
In this course, Steven Dilley, CPA, JD, PhD will address the many payroll issues impacting the CPA practice with a world in crisis. The unique payroll reporting challenges facing practitioners are related through actual practice situations – and then analyzed for their reporting implications.
This course will discuss:
- “Real-life” case study examples – practice issues CPAs are dealing with in these extraordinary times.
- Review of payroll provisions in recent legislation
- Payroll reporting – Form 7200 and Form 941
- Thorough explanation of the revised Form 941
- Comprehensive example filled in on Form 941
- Review of payroll related provisions of the FFCRA and CARES Act.
- Qualifies for IRS PTIN credit.
- Identify numerous practice situations impacted by the payroll-related provisions as a result of the recent COVID-19 related legislation.
- Recognize the impact of the COVID-19 legislation on payroll reporting – Form 7200 and Form 941.
- Identify the payroll related provisions of the FFCRA and CARES Act.
- A basic understanding of payroll reporting.
Steven C. Dilley, PhD, CPA, JD, is president of Federal Tax Workshops, Inc., in East Lansing, Michigan, where, for the past 37 years, his organization has prepared continuing professional education materials and presented seminars for accountants and attorneys throughout the U.S. He is nationally known for his knowledge of financial, accounting and tax issues of closely held businesses.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Encoursa LLC is an IRS-approved continuing education provider. Provider #: KKRBE
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.